Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lots of Feedback this Morning....

This morning was an interesting one while on the air. I was commenting on McCain's pick for VP, Sarah Palin from Alaska and yes, I have been poking fun of her and her experience (or lack of) especially when the GOP has been attacking Barack for the same reason. And yes, I did have fun at her expense calling the city where she was mayor, Wassilla asking if it was a tough gig to become mayor (the Mayor's Office by the way answerd, "No, it's not and in fact our next election is October 4 so if you're interested...."). But I haven't made the Republicans my exclusive target. If you remember I had a number of opinions on Hillary when she wouldn't concede to Obama (at first) and especially her supporters who would rather vote for McCain than to vote for their own party! I called them a bunch of "Bridezillas" that unless they got their way would just continue to throw tantrums until November which is exactly what Rush & Company encouraged. But let me remind those that I am still a registered Republican and even voted for Bush the first time around. I, like many Republicans have joined the ranks of the Independents and my vote still hasn't found a Party (yet) to cast. I have been harsh on the Democrats especially after feeling betrayed when I voted for them back in November of '06 only finding that they dropped the ball big time when it came to their platform of bringing our troops home from Iraq and they continue to this day to waffle like they usually do. I was an open critic when the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco ruled that the addition of 'under God' was an unconstitutional endorsement of monotheism in our Pledge of Allegiance. They were eventually overturned as most decisions are from the Ninth Circuit. I mean, c'mon especially when we're overseas fighting Al-Quaida in the name of their god, Allah you bet I want to keep 'our God' in the Pledge and even if you don't believe in a god make it a moment of silence to insert your own belief system whatever it might be so yeah, I believe, unlike FOX News I think I'm pretty balanced when it comes to the issues and the candidates but will continue to point out the disparities in both political arenas. For the time being I prefer to be classified as a Radical Moderate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howie, you're delusional if you give Democrats the same treatment as you do the Republicans(criticizing Hillary's supporters is not the same thing as knocking Hillery herself). Haven't got around to changing parties so you can claim some sort of objectivity? Your humor is great but your politics has the potential to turn off 50% of your listening audience.

Anonymous said...

Nice show this morning. It'll help the Independent womens vote go for McCain.